Studying in Canada is to open a world of opportunities. Canadian establishments not solely provide a spread of courses across disciplines and exciting career prospects but additionally offer students a validator and culturally spirited atmosphere. Especially, the Business and Accounting related courses in Canada are internationally far-famed for course information, faculty, and spirited job opportunities subsequently.
Further, the cheap value of finding out in Canada attracts variant international students who need to pursue higher studies in Canada. This text focuses on the structure, of Accounting courses in Canada in addition because the universities you’ll think about.
Accounting-Related Courses in Canada:
Apart from the specialised bachelors and masters courses in accounting that last a period of four years and 1-2 years severally, universities in Canada additionally provide distance learning, short-term, and career advancement programs within the form of certification, graduate certification or certificates that tend to vary between one to three years.
Further, Professional Accounting courses in Canada like chartered Accounting, Public Accounting, etc. and widespread courses like BCom with attention on accounting, Master in Business in Accounting, and certification in Financial Accounting are a number of the courses offered in Canada.
As for the information of varied Accounting related courses in Canada, students are offered a spread of tracks of specializations and electives at intervals in the fields of business thus on in still a multidisciplinary understanding of the discipline. additionally, to their course, professors additionally encourage students to pursue the qualifications of the CFA course in addition.
Read More- BBA Courses in Canada
Why Study Accounting in Canada:
One of the foremost widespread courses among overseas students in Canada is accounting. Why? Let’s explore:
- Excellent Job: Chances are high that are offered by Canadian accounting universities to each domestic and foreign student when graduation. In Canada, the common annual buy account grads are CAD 52,876 (INR thirty-two Lakhs)
- Good Education: The most effective establishments in Canada for accounting have distinguished themselves internationally by giving the best facilities. Canada is documented for providing wonderful academic and Professional opportunities to international students.
There are several accounting universities in Canada that offer students a large variety of specialities together with taxes, administration, etc. at study levels like PG, UG, and scholar. These universities in addition offer a number of the foremost well-liked accounting certification and certificate programmes.
The sturdy demand for accounting courses among overseas students in Canada is attributed to the multiple specialisations that are out there at varied establishments and Colleges, including:
- Forensic Accounting
- Professional Accounting
- Business administration
- Analytics etc.
Required Eligibility Criteria for Accounting Courses in Canada:
If you would like to induce admission within the Bachelor of Accounting then you wish to qualify the eligibility criteria of the colleges giving the course. The eligibility criteria vary from university to college. All international students got to qualify for the factors mentioned below.
- All candidates should have completed the minimum academic background of Class 12th.
- All Indian students applying to Canadian universities ought to offer proof of ICSE/CBSE/GCE Senior Educational Certificates.
- University of Calgary Admissions: within the necessities of core subjects, candidates needed to possess studied English and Maths in their 10+2.
- University of Waterloo Admissions: The minimum proportion of candidates in their class 12th examinations should be 75% and higher than.
- Queen’s University Admissions: Candidates are needed to possess studied English and Maths as their core subjects in class 12 and will have a minimum proportion of 85%.
It is very important for international students to satisfy the minimum take a look at scores in TOEFL, IELTS and other take a look at prescribed by the university. This is often necessary to point out proficiency in English.
A necessary criterion for admission to accounting courses could be a sturdy overall educational standing. the most subject of School should be Maths and he/she should have scored high marks in it.
Read Also- Top 10 Highest-Paying Jobs in Canada
Admission requirements to Accounting Courses in Canada:
Now let’s explore the qualifications and eligibility standards for the highest accounting programmes in Canada:
- Academic Requirements
- English proficiency test scores
- GMAT or GRE Scores
- Additional requirements
Academic Requirements: Educational transcripts from each level of study are the foremost elementary requirement for international students applying to any accounting programme in Canada. you must have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or a closely connected discipline if you’re applying to a postgraduate accounting faculty. For the bulk of accounting faculties in Canada, some required courses include:
- Advanced functions
English Proficiency Test Scores: it’s imperative that you just, as overseas students, offer confirmation of your English ability through the IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, or different tests. Counting on the university/program you decide on, AN IELTS score of 6.5 or higher is the least needed to recruit for accounting courses in Canada.
GMAT or GRE results: If applying to accounting courses at the PG level, many accounting universities in Canada might also request your GMAT/GRE results.
Other Requirements: Your university may have provoked additional conditions, like an interview, job expertise, a Statement of purpose (SOP), and a resume, counting on the programme you decide on.
The following could be a temporary discussion of the application procedure for a few of Canada’s far-famed accounting universities:
- To begin your accounting degree in Canada, choose a university and a course of study.
- Send the form and also the needed fee.
- Transcripts, a bachelor’s degree (if necessary), and the other documentation that the particular university might demand, like an SOP, a resume, LORs, or proof of Work expertise, ought to be sent.
- You can even be requested to participate in an interview.
- If there are scholarships or help opportunities at the university, apply for them.
- Await the result of the admission.
Proficiency in English for International Students:
The table below demonstrates the minimum Test score necessities in English. it’s university-specific. Here is the needed score for each University:
|Name of University||TOEFL||IELTS||Others|
|University of Waterloo||iBT: 90||6.5||CAEL: 70|
|Dalhousie University||iBT: 90||7.0||MELAB:90|
|University of Brock||iBT: 88||6.5||CAEL: 70|
|McMaster University||iBT: 86||6.5||CAEL: 70|
|University of British Columbia||iBT: 90||6.5||CAEL: 70|
|University of Toronto||iBT: 100||6.5||CAEL: 70|
Top Universities in Canada for Accounting:
Highly hierarchic by each Times Higher Education Rankings and QS Rankings, the highest business faculties in Canada provide study programs textile to the requirements of a range of scholars. the subsequent table lists down 10 of the most effective Institute that supported the rankings and provides highly-appreciated Accounting courses in Canada.
|Name of the University||THE Rankings 2022||Degree and Courses Offered|
|University of Toronto||18||1. BBA-Management & Accounting|
3. Graduate Diploma in Professional Accounting
4. Master of Accounting & Finance
5. Master of Management & Professional Accounting
|McGill University||44||1. BCom-Accounting|
2. Graduate Certificate in Professional Accounting
|University of Alberta||125||1. Master of Accounting|
2. PhD in Accounting
|University of Ottawa||162||Bcom-Accounting|
|University of Waterloo||201-250||1. Bachelor of Accounting & Financial Management|
2. Bachelor of Mathematics in Chartered Professional Accountancy
3. PhD in Accounting
|Western University (Ontario)||201-250||Graduate Diploma in Accounting|
|Simon Fraser University||201-250||1. BBA in Business-Accounting|
2. Graduate Certificate in Accounting with Digital Analytics
3. MSc in Accounting with Cognitive Analytics
|University of Saskatchewan||501-600||1. BComm-Accounting|
2. Master of Professional Accounting (MPAcc)
It is better to check the Official Website of the College or University to get the list of complete streams that are being offered to the students.
Read Also- B.Com Courses in Canada
Scholarships to Study Accounting Courses in Canada:
Various scholarships are out there to Study accounting programs in Canada that are funded by the government, non-public organisations, non-government organizations and Top Universities and Colleges etc. Below mentioned are a number of the scholarships out there for international students:
|Scholarships||Eligibility||Award (in CAD)|
|C.Douglas Mellor Prize, McGill University||-Graduate certificate in financial accounting student|
(INR 1.3 Lakhs)
|Kenneth F Byrd Prize, McGill University||-Graduate certificate in financial accounting student|
|Principal’s Scholarship, Queen’s University||-International Applicants showing high academic performance||4,000|
(INR 2.4 Lakhs)
|Principal’s International Scholarship India, Queen’s University||-Indian applicants|
(INR 12 Lakhs)
|Bourse H Marcel Caron Scholarship, HEC Montreal||-Student in BBA Accounting demonstrating financial need||2,000|
(INR 1.2 Lakhs)
There are many other Scholarship Schemes for Indian Students to study in Canada. Click on the link that has been tagged in the sentence.
Career Opportunities and Scope:
If you study accounting in Canada, you’ll be most sure as shooting land employment at a serious corporation like Deloitte, Accenture, Microsoft, Google, Apple, etc. 52,876 CAD annually has been noted because of the typical base financial gain for accounting graduates in Canada. We’ll cause you to think about these employment alternatives in Canada when receiving your accounting degree:
- Higher education in an exceedingly kind of specialities, together with accounting, banking, and taxes
- Attend chartered Professional Accounting courses (CPA)
- Get employment at various company powerhouses
- Create your own company or venture. Become an educator of accounting.
- Become an advisor, auditor, accountant, analyst, or tax knowledgeable.
We have compiled a number of the highest accounting recruiters in Canada for the work profile of comptroller, alongside their typical wages, to offer you a clearer plan of what careers when varied accounting faculties in Canada look like:
|Top Recruiters||Average Annual Salary (in CAD)|
|Ernst & Young||54,054 (INR 32 Lakhs)|
|Deloitte||45,505 (INR 27 Lakhs)|
|Grant Thornton LLP||41,369 (INR 24 Lakhs)|
|KPMG||47,500 (INR 28 Lakhs)|
Due to the high variety of applications received by universities giving Accounting courses in Canada, the aggressiveness has up. Therefore, it’s crucial for interested candidates to set up and craft their applications meticulously which desires sizable efforts. If you would like to create an accounting career in Canada, choose a better college and the right education and more practical knowledge related to the field.
FAQs For Accounting Courses in Canada
Which Course is Best in Accounting in Canada?
There are many courses but opting for the Undergraduate programs can be beneficial as compared to the diploma or certification courses.
Which Course is most demanding in Canada?
There are many courses but project management, computer programming, mechanical engineering etc are considered to be the best course in every manner.
What are the highest-paid accountants in Canada?
The field of accounting is already a very high-paying job but when it comes to the highest paying. One has the option to opt for the Financial Controller, CMA (Certified Management Accountant), Chartered Accountant Bank Branch Manager etc.